Get experience working on real projects for real clients with CAPSHER.
Software Developers at CAPSHER Technology grow through challenges. You will code in multiple languages, learn new technologies, and progress into more advanced coding and design responsibilities. We work in a relaxed environment and live in a vibrant university town.
Your primary responsibility will be to work with a team of interns to develop or make significant improvements to an application. Your effort will make meaningful contributions to the company. We expect that you will gain an understanding of the entire software development process.
Your daily activities typically include:
- Gain exposure to the software industry, development process, and careers
- Experience CAPSHER culture day-to-day and through CAPSHER sponsored social events
- Shadow employees engaged in different stages of the software development process
- Learn techniques for approaching software problems and completing projects
- Work with other interns and CAPSHER mentors to take a project from start to finish:
- Identify Success Criteria
- Design and Plan
- Have Fun!
You will be given the freedom to make impactful decisions on your project. You will be supported by mentors who will help you plan your work and help you solve problems you run into throughout the summer.
You will be solving problems involving:
- Web, mobile, server, and desktop software development
- Algorithms and data structures
- UI, computation, multithreading, data storage, communication, etc.
The ideal candidate:
- Can hit the ground running
- Has proficiency with at least one object-oriented programming language and basic data structures
- Clearly expresses ideas verbally and graphically
- Works well on a team
- Is eager to learn
- Can relocate to College Station, TX for the summer
- Is willing to work full time for the summer
- Has a desire to attend social events and get to know coworkers
- Is currently enrolled at a university working towards a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, asylee, refugee, or temporary resident. Temporary residents do not include those with nonimmigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements may be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. CAPSHER will require proof of work authorization.