We are currently looking to add a full-time, on-site UX Designer to our team!
We are looking for an experienced user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of products, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user testing.
Your daily activities typically include:
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitating each client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
You will be expected to:
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- Participate in creating a content development strategy.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects at any given time.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate on a whiteboard for collaborative discussion.
- Give immediate feedback and brainstorm with collaborators and clients- think on your feet and express your ideas in meetings.
The ideal candidate has:
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience leading design teams.
- Superior knowledge of all Adobe products, including InDesign and Illustrator.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Is able to perform physical demands including using computer equipment in an office setting, occasionally lifting and moving objects up to 40 pounds, and occasionally traveling to meet with clients in person.
- Is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, asylee, refugee, or temporary resident. Temporary residents do not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements may be determined based on a shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. CAPSHER will require proof of work authorization.