Software Development Team Lead
Lead Software Development Teams and Grow Team Members
CAPSHER Core Values: Own It, Care, Do The Right Thing, and Drive
Implementation Leads at CAPSHER Technology lead development teams and grow team members. You will design solutions, delegate work, and write code using multiple languages. We work in a relaxed environment that values individuals and rewards accomplishment.
CAPSHER focuses on practical, real-world projects. Our Implementation Leads work with architects, product consultants, and project managers who vet and help manage projects through each stage of development. This lets our Implementation Leads focus on their team and the project work while being supported by more experienced implementation leadership. As part of CAPSHER Leadership, Implementation Leads engage in the company’s and Implementation’s goals to move CAPSHER forward.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the development team through project milestones.
Your daily activities typically include:
- Develop a strategy that the team members can use to reach project milestones.
- Communicate with developers on a project to ensure they are successful in their assigned work.
- Review team members’ deliverables.
- Create design documents and development plans for team members to work from.
- Break down work into assignable pieces. Estimate time and monitor progress.
- Develop junior team members’ ability to work through problems, interact with clients, collaborate, and design robust solutions.
- Work with other project leadership roles to discuss project goals, solution, implementation progress, and client relationship.
- Meet regularly with implementation leadership to make sure you have what you need to be successful on your project.
- You will be supported by peers and more senior team members. They will help enhance your ability to run projects, design architectures, interface with the client, and grow your team.
You will be solving problems involving:
- Software project planning and development team efficiency
- Web, mobile, server, and desktop software development
- Algorithms and data structures
- UI, computation, multithreading, data storage, communication, etc.
- Debugging software systems
- Automation of building, testing, and deploying software
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or commensurate experience.
- Has 4+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Is energized by diving into something new and quickly getting in control of it.
- Is proficient at developing with one of C++, C#, Objective C, or Java. Additional programming languages are a plus.
- Holds experience working in teams of various sizes.
- Must be experienced at supervising and supporting team members while delegating appropriately.
- Comfortable with evaluating performance of direct reports using set metrics.
- Can estimate large product features, breakdown project work into tasks, manage risk, and control schedule.
- Worked with clients or stakeholders in a previous position.
- Has provided significant contribution to designing software architecture and extensible applications.
- Has coded an application scaffolding or stub flow.
- Is proactive in communication and able to collaborate with peers, leadership, and team members effectively. Whiteboard experience is a plus.
- Is resilient to change, able to adapt, and finds success in spite of things getting off track.
- Is able to perform physical demands including using computer equipment in an office setting, occasionally lifting and moving objects up to 40 pounds, and occasionally traveling to meet with clients in person.
- Is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, asylee, refugee, or temporary resident. Temporary residents do not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements may be determined based on a shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. CAPSHER will require proof of work authorization.