Software Engineer 2
Write the Code that Delivers Projects
As a Software Engineer 2 at CAPSHER Technology, your strong coding skills will enable you to work on large pieces of applications. You will be exposed to the project architecture, use multiple languages and technologies, and manage your time on large deliverables. We work in a relaxed environment and live in a vibrant university town.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop large components of software applications for commercial use. Your effort will make significant contributions to the company and our clients. We expect that you will grow into the Senior Engineer 1 position.
Your daily activities typically include:
- Write code to develop large features.
- Help peers and junior team members debug code or resolve technical problems.
- Test your work and review team members’ deliverables.
- Work from or contribute to a design document or work breakdown.
- Prototype potential solutions to complex technical problems.
- Estimate the work required to implement a module of a project.
- Communicate with a team leader and your peers.
You will be supported by more senior team members, who will help you to work at the module and project level, control your deliverables, and interface with the client. Additionally, they will help you acclimate to the company culture and local community.
You will be solving problems involving:
- Web, mobile, server, and desktop software development
- Algorithms and data structures
- UI, computation, multithreading, data storage, communication, etc.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or commensurate experience.
- Has 2+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Is proficient at developing with one of C++, C#, Objective C, or Java. Additional programming languages are a plus.
- Holds experience working in teams of various sizes.
- Worked with clients or stakeholders in a previous position.
- Shows evidence of designing modules or small, extensible applications.
- Is a reliable, hard worker who seeks challenges and is skilled at solving problems.
- Clearly expresses ideas verbally and graphically.
- Is able to perform physical demands including using computer equipment in an office setting, occasionally lifting and moving objects up to 40 pounds, and occasionally traveling to meet with clients in person.
- Is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, asylee, refugee, or temporary resident. Temporary residents do not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements may be determined based on a shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. CAPSHER will require proof of work authorization.